Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Nepal-Vipassana Meditation.... not for now

Ron's comment:

Vipassana seems to me, after what I learned about it in only 3 days, quite similar to self hypnosis and / or autogenic training. And these are very powerful tools if you know how to use them. Their guru, Goenka, is indeed a very charismatic person, that's no question!
But the truth is also that these few days were very hard for me. That has nothing to do with the facts that the showers were cold, that noone was allowed to speak, that I had to wake up at 4 am, that I could not smoke or whatsoever.
I have never imagined that spending 18 hours a day (see the time table above) with only myself would have been so difficult. (sorry to all those who sometimes have to... ;-))
I have never experienced such an intense situation. Your own mind can really drive you crazy! Maybe I gave up too quickly, maybe my mind is just too weak or maybe I just took it too easy! I should have prepared better! Anyway let's take it as it is: a very interesting experience...


Cheun's comment: 

After only 3 days at the Vipassana meditation center,  1 decided to leave the 10-days-course. Why? Even if meditation offers an interesting perspective to your Inner-self, sometimes surpassing your Inner-beast, I decided that this is not the thing to explore right now in my life. 
I honestly have to say that food was totally ok, the residence too and the time schedule also..-in the beginning those were my primordial fears.
So why did I have to leave this place then? 
Maybe I am too dark or too rotten inside or it is simply not the right thing to do ( at least right now)... or/and maybe I am too weak...( even if I manage not to smoke!!!) ....or I simply cannot take the pain in the ass ( and back) while sitting for eternities on the floor.....
I'd also like to add to whom it might concern to please stop telling me to "be happy" (on every sign)-mind your own business. :-)




the pictures above are taken from the following sites: 

No comments:

Post a Comment